Position – Preschool Lead Teacher
Brown School, an independent school located in Schenectady, NY, is searching for a preschool teacher for the 2021/22 school year.
- Maintain a firm understanding of the most current New York State Early Childhood Standards
- Design and implement an academic curriculum centered on developmentally appropriate objectives
- Facilitate and evaluate the social-emotional development of students
- Create and maintain a safe, clean, stimulating and visually appealing learning environment
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with parents
- Collaborate with the assistant teacher, delegating classroom responsibilities as necessary
- Display a commitment to diversity and creating a culture of equity, inclusion, and belonging in approach to teaching and learning, as they are recognized and valued by Brown School
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in early childhood education is preferred
- Effective communication, including strong writing skills, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and lesson planning skills
- Positive and effective classroom management skills
- Experience working with preschool children in a classroom setting
Brown School believes in providing equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual preference or orientation, veteran status, medical condition, or any other legally protected class or status recognized by federal, state, or local law.