Information Dissemination & Communication
Brown School uses a comprehensive method of disseminating information. Frequently the same information is posted in multiple locations to ensure all have been notified.
- The Rapid Notify system alerts families to immediate changes in operating status via voice message over phone, via text and via email. For this reason, it is critical that families provide accurate and current contact information.
- Brown School regularly publishes an e-letter containing announcements, information, and a report on activities. It is posted on the website and emailed to families.
- Brown School also regularly publishes a podcast containing important information and updates on what is happening around the school. A link is sent via email, but you can subscribe to the podcast on Soundcloud, Apple Podcasts, Spotify or Stitcher.
- Families are encouraged to visit the Brown School website, www.brownschool.org, for news, policies, procedures, guidelines and more.
- Brown School makes a concerted effort not to overwhelm your email in box, so please read the emails that are sent.
- Brown School has two Facebook pages – a public page and a private one. Brown School families will be granted access to the private page by clicking “Join Group”.
- Hard copy paper announcements, lunch menus and other notices are sent home every Friday in the Friday Folder which is to be emptied, read and returned to the school on Monday signed and dated.
- The athletic department uses TeamSnap to communicate the dates and locations of games. You will receive an email invitation to TeamSnap at the beginning of the season.
- PALS and other groups within Brown School frequently use Signup Genius.
Brown School tests the Rapid Notify system at the start of every year. If you don’t receive the test or you are not receiving regular emails, contact [email protected]